Monday, September 1, 2008

What do you make?

The most frequent question I get asked is,"What do you Make?" For a long time I told people "I specialized in making Sawdust. " This answer was made up because all too often what I made was a bunch of things that never seemed like they were really good projects to talk about. but I suppose over the years there have been a lot of projects that have remained and are now pieces that people really treasure, or at least I hope they do. So here goes with a list of projects, maybe not complete but this is what comes right to mind. In High School shop class I made a step stool, which my Mom & Dad still use in their den. I also made a shop mallet which still gets used today in our classroom at the store. I made a curio cabinet for Lee Ann which has been filled with Lladros, and a lot of collectibles from our travels over the years. I made a Cedar Chest of solid cedar for my oldest daughter, Courtney and cedar lined raised panel oak chests for my youngest daughter Susan and her cousin Ashley as graduation presents. Aaron and I always made his projects together. The best one was a drafting table from Wood Magazine. I have turned numerous projects over the years; peppermills, salt shakers, rolling pins, bowls, platters, lidded boxes and a turning was the centerpiece of a Music Stand I built for Susan. I will continue to update you on the list of projects... both past and future. I will build a photo album for you to enjoy and even try to work on some videos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I found your site, very nice...Len