Monday, July 13, 2009

Spice Chest Project

I have always had a goal to do certain woodworking projects. One of these was a spice chest. I chose pieces that I thought would be a great challenge. These projects would stretch my woodworking abilities and showcase my skills. I had not found a project plan that really piqued my interest until I saw this spice chest article in Fine Woodworking by Steve Latta. After reading this article I knew it had to build it. I will not tackle the inlay on the first one but when you see the wood I am going to use you will understand why. I purchased the complete set of plans from Fine Woodworking and am anxious to get started on this project. I invite you to come along on this project and share the progress with me in this Blog. You won't be able to feel the wood, or smell the sawdust but I hope you will enjoy building this Spice Chest with me.

No comments: